Monday, February 21, 2005

Bushweed.

A recording of W admitting cannabis use in his youth (youth = pre-40) has come to the surface. So why did Dubya lie about this in the 2000 election campaign? For the children of course!
But you got to understand, I want to be president. I want to lead. I want to set -- Do you want your little kid say, 'Hey, Daddy, President Bush tried marijuana, I think I will?
Good to see his moral compass is set correctly, smoking cannabis would be far worse than 'Hey, Daddy, President Bush drove drunk and was a self-confessed alcoholic, I think I will' or 'Hey, Daddy, President Bush exploited the aftermath of 9/11 to invade another country under false pretences, I think I will'

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick - he did not lie about this in 2000. He refused to comment either way. 

Posted by David Farrar

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are correct. It was 1999 when he lied.

“Could I pass the challenge of a background check? My answer is absolutely, ...Not only could I pass the background check and the standards applied to today’s White House, but I could have passed the background check and the standards applied on the most stringent conditions when my dad was President...”

The White House FBI Background check for Senior Officials in 1999 included a question for prospective officials asking whether they had used illegal drugs since age 18.  

Posted by Nick Eynon

Anonymous said...

Where's the lie? He said he would pass the test - not that he didn't smoke pot! Also, admitting to smoking pot is not likely to be a showstopper - but lying about it likely would. 

Posted by Sean

Anonymous said...

Oh Nick - that is silly. You think Bush knew the exact details of the FBI background check. It is obvious to anyone he was saying that he has been drug free since 1988, but won't commit to earlier than that.

I doubt a single person in the US didn't know that he used to do drugs, even though he was careful to never confirm it. 

Posted by David Farrar

Anonymous said...

This really isn't a big deal in any way whatsoever.
There are plenty of real problems with Bush and his administration - we on the left doesn't need to resort to this, especially when a large number of them support the legalisation or decriminalisation of cannabis.

Give it up already. 

Posted by Asher

Anonymous said...

Apologies for the terrible grammar, I'm tired.

Should read:

"we on the left don't need to resort to this, especially when a large number of us support..." 

Posted by Asher

Anonymous said...

No dont stop, keep going i was enjoying you lefties digging down so far to try and get him on something.
Hey nick where did bush say the year he smoked? 

Posted by bushy